Monday, July 21, 2008

This Blog

A Milestone was reached this weekend; Over 5,000 visits have been made to this blog. I thought I would post about writing on this blog over the past few months.

* I have been in leadership/management for over 20 years. The purpose of this blog is to share thoughts, readings and experiences on leadership/management.

* I was involved in a blog at my prior employer and was encouraged by many of my colleagues to continue blogging about my experience and knowledge.

* I have posted daily (with exception of Sundays) since early April.

* Based upon a few comments, it seems I have my critics.

* For the readers, I do plan to improve peer review my postings. Many times, I write them quickly without any peer review (not a good example for a leader). If you spend time reading this blog, I should spend time ensuring the quality of the posts.

* Thanks again for reading my blog, I have enjoyed your overwhelming positive feedback via comments, conversations and emails.

Blog On!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on hitting the 5000 mark. I read your blog almost every morning - I enjoy your insights.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 5000th blog. I'll be honest and admit that I don't make it out here as often as I'd like, but when I do, I'm usually entertained or otherwise engaged.

As for your critics, we all have 'em. This particular poster sounds like they're full of sour grapes. No, you're not perfect, but you're not the evil tyrant they'd like to make you out to be (and I don't think I've ever seen Chi or Shelli drinking kool-aid).

For what it's worth, I always appreciated your passion and leadership. Did I always agree? No. If I expressed my disagreement was my head cut off? No. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there are constructive ways to express those opinions that don't mean result in bashing.

Keep on blogging! :)