Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Personal Announcement

Many of my readers have asked what I am doing . . . so I thought I would let you (my readers) be the first to know (but dont tell anyone, if anyone asks you, please tell them to read the blog).

As of May 1, I have joined RAF Capital LLC as Executive Vice President. Robin Ferracone set up RAF Capital as a portfolio management company focused on owning, developing and leading a collection of HR companies in the areas of HR software, information and consulting. We already have two companies in the portfolio and I have been spending time in transforming and supporting these companies for fast growth in their respective sectors. We are looking to expand this portfolio of firms to help clients drive financial results through their greatest competitive asset, their people. My roles in these portfolio companies will vary from leadership to product strategist to platform strategist.

In addition, to this role, I have also been asked to serve on a Board of Directors for a major database company, this has not been finalized. I am pleased and honored for the opportunity to potentially serve in this capacity for such a distinguished organization with great products, great people, and great shareholders.

I am extremely excited about my new role and feel that I am working with leadership, investors and staff who understand the greatest asset of an organization is their people and if you focus on the people within the organization, clients will be satisfied, and excellent results are achieved. Therefore, I am able to serve in an organization where all people are rewarded based upon the success of the organization and the individual performance.

My leadership and product innovation skills that I have developed over 25 years in HR software, information and consulting are very much aligned with these new roles.

Thanks for being a reader of the Spirit of Brinkmanship Blog!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I would expect to hear about lots of great successes.

Unknown said...

That is TERRIFIC, Steve! Sounds challenging and exciting and like a good partnership for you. Looking forward to hearing all about it as you continue to blog. Congratulations! JC

Sherri said...

Fantastic news! It's great that you are teaming with Ms. Ferracone. I am anxious to hear more, both here and in the news.

Carol B said...

Congratulations Steve - sounds like a really good fit for you. Some challenging and exciting things ahead from the sounds of things.

Unknown said...

Sounds like the perfect opportunity, Steve. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!