Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Random Thoughts

Just thought I would provide some random thoughts, anyone is welcome to post any they have:

  • Why do they call when two airplanes almost collide, a "near miss" . . . shouldn't it be a "near hit"?
  • The movie, "Being There" starring Peter Sellers, is a classic and should be viewed by all
  • The person with the most information is the most successful person
  • "everyday is a gift...thats why they call it the present"
  • I am happy at this moment in time and need to smell the roses
  • It is so great when your child has a smile bigger than you have ever seen . . . My oldest son finished in 2nd place in a Cub Scouts Boat race (and received a trophy), big deal at the Brink household
  • I forgive you because you did not know what you did
  • I am teaching WorldatWork's T3 course in Austin and Boston this summer
  • It is great to be a part of a network of people who you worked with in the past
  • Not of us is as smart as all of us
  • There is no "i" in Team
  • Dr. Jac Fitz-Enz is the Founder of HR Metrics (and a good guy)
  • Most companies take People Management skills for granted
  • "Train in Vain" by Clash is one of my favourite songs
  • "London Calling" by Clash is my cell phone ring tone
  • Keep Austin Weird
  • Be Young, Have Fun
  • What I know now, back then, I would have stayed an entrepreneur (working for someone else might be fun but not rewarding)
  • If you are working so hard, why not work that hard for yourself
  • I miss Geneva, Switzerland ... particularly the mountains

5 comments:

Kim said...

Here are some of my random thoughts:

- There is nothing better in the world then hearing your child say good morning to you, reach up for hugs and kisses and snuggle into your neck.

- Who knew I'd be excited to find gas for $3.69 a gallon?

- I really like American Idol ;)

Anonymous said...

- Why is it you drive on a parkway, but park on a driveway?
- The movie Saving Ryan's Privates is also a must see
- The person who has the most money to buy the information, and also pay the guys who know how to use it, is the most successful person
- If you are in Austin, there is a good chance it is not roses that you are smelling
- A winner never quits and a quitter never wins
- "I'm too sexy" by Right Said Fred is my ringtone
- Blah, blah, blah

Anonymous said...

* The cup changes everything... Stanley's cup, that is
* Letting go of the past, enjoying the present and knowing anything is possible for the future is a wonderful feeling
* Life is good!
* Hell's Kitchen and Top Chef are 2 of my guilty pleasures
* Rock Me Gently is my ringtone unless someone special is calling
* George Costanza's answering machine message used to be my ringtone
* I can't wait to watch the Penguins play for the cup :-)

Anonymous said...

- It's better to give than to receive
- California is way too expensive for anyone to live there
- The Red Wings will kick any Pennsylvania team's ass in the Stanley Cup Finals ;-)
- It's cool to be Green
- Do what you love and love what you do
- Have the courage to follow your intuition and see where life takes you
- Absence does make the heart grow fonder
- Pack light
- My phone rings - like the good old days
- If you can't say something nice, then shut your damn mouth :-)
- It's only 150 Thai Bhat(about $5) to rent a motor-scooter for a whole day in Phuket
- Austin rocks

Sherri said...

- Tomorrow is always waiting to put today in it's place

- You get what you give, so always give good