Monday, June 23, 2008

Vacation

I am on vacation this week. We are spending time in Boston, MA (USA) and on the Maine coast (Acadia National Park).

Some will ask I am still blogging while on vacation . . . well, it is a habit/hobby of mine. I get to put some thoughts that are on my mind and place them down on "paper" (then I dont have to think about them for awhile).

Which brings to the point of leadership and vacation. (this will actually be like the pot calling the kettle black, because in the past I was not a good example). I want to talk about balance. It is important that the leader have a good balance between work and life. One way to do that is make sure you take time away from work by taking a non-work vacation. Everyone needs a break, especially to recharge the batteries. You cannot continue to go 24/7 otherwise you will be burnt out and then you are no good to anyone.

So, leaders, take a well-deserved vacation and really take time away. One other element is that others will look at the leaders and see "well, if they work during vacation, guess that means we have to as well". This is not setting a good example.

Have a break today (or whenever you go on vacation). Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As opposed to the Boston, MA in Argentina or India?