Thursday, August 14, 2008

Think About It

I have shared a few quotes on this blog. Consequently, several people emailed a few quotes. ust remember, some of the funniest quotes are not by famous people but your friends, colleagues, or families (I know I have tons and they still crack me up when I think about them). My favorite is the first one.

Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
Oscar Wilde

Character is that which can do without success
Ralph Waldo Emerson

In Aristotelian terms, the good leader must have ethos, pathos and logos. The ethos is his moral character, the source of his ability to persuade. The pathos is his ability to touch feelings, to move people emotionally. The logos is his ability to give solid reasons for an action, to move people intellectually.
Mortimer Adler

No one can possibly achieve any real and lasting success or "get rich" in business by being a conformist.
J Paul Getty

To be great is to be misunderstood
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: