Friday, August 15, 2008

Years Go By

I am old. I don't feel old, but I am (although age is a relative thing). This is a good thing! I have "experience".

As many of the readers know, I have two sets of children: Two daughters who are attending university, and two sons that are in elementary school. Last week, I met with my oldest daughter (she will be a senior, woo hoo, no more tuition payments) and we had a couple of glasses of wine. It was a great time, we just talked and talked.

Last night, I spent a dinner and show with my youngest daughter and her friends. Again, we had a wonderful time. My cheeks are still hurting from constant laughter.

As I was running today, I thought about my little girls are no longer little and are real adults (yes, guess I am slow). Where did all those years go? Time should does fly by (and for some reason each year goes by faster, what's up with that?)

The point to the blog, as leaders, don't forget what is important to you! You can balance work and family, but you have to "work" at it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, it does go by fast, maybe that's the real reason people go slower as they get older - to savor each moment a little more than when they were in such a hurry to get somewhere. I have to remind myself "it's the journey stupid!"

Sherri said...

I've just recently discovered that I'm NOT old (and I'm older than you). It's a mindset. It is nice to enjoy the company of adult children.

We all need to remember to work at keeping life in balance. It will tip to one extreme and back on every so often.

Making time for family is the best!

Richard Brooner said...

Yes, I have the two families kind of thing going. Two at home (but not as young) and two out of the house. It is fun to hang out with the older ones sometimes, and even have a beer or two. Got to work on getting them to buy it though.