Thursday, August 21, 2008

Weird Week

You know those people who have only two speeds, neutral and sixth gear . . . well, I am one of those. Due to that or lots going on, I have had one of those weeks. We all have them . . .

1. Earlier this week, I leave my laptop in my hotel room. Yes, leave my laptop which has everything on it that I need to survive on an island! I am at the business meeting and realize my laptop is not in briefcase (yes, I have checked out). Luckily, I called the hotel and they got the laptop. With limited time between end of the meeting and the flight, I rushed to the hotel and sped on way to airport to catch my flight in time. Obviously, I had too much going on in my head to realize that my laptop was left in plain site on the table. Yikes.

2. I leave my blackberry on a plane. I know . . . I know . . . but it was a long taxi (plane taxi that is) ride to the gate and reviewed all my messages and then placed into the seat pocket and just plain forgot. Luckily, I had not made it to baggage claim when I realized and ran back to gate to get my blackberry (as the flight attendants were just leaving the plane). The time was midnight so it would have been tough to track someone down if I had realized a little later.

3. I am teaching a two-day statistics course in Boston this week. I put on my shirt and as I button up my shirt, not just one but two buttons break (I need to find a new cleaners as this happens way to often, well, one button usually breaks). No worries, I am wearing a tie so that will cover it up . . . little do I realize throughout the class (which I am standing 95% of the time), my shirt wants to continually be wide open (the broken buttons were next to each other). So, here I am looking like becoming incredible hulk (but the only thing expanding on me is my waist). I end up using a safety pin (after poking myself once, so much for safety).

What does this all mean(and its only thursday morning), not sure, rather get these things out of the way at once? However, I must say, while weird, there was a positive resolution to all of them. So, if you find something not going your way, try to look at the silver lining (i.e., the positive), and just laugh it off, life is way to short. At least in these cases, no harm was done and if you really think about, all of those are easily replaceable.

Hope your week is going better!

No comments: