Monday, September 15, 2008

The Road Less Traveled

You come to a fork in the road of you career. Some will take the road most comfortable, while others will take the road less traveled (sound familiar). However, what happens if you approach a fork in your career and both are new and less traveled?

If your head and heart are aligned on a particular route, take that one! What happens if your head and heart differ? You know it is the smart thing to follow one particular route because it makes all logical sense, i.e., head. It is the next "perfect" step in your career. However, your heart tells you the other route. It might be illogical and risky, but you have lots of passion for it.

Every person will decide based upon their experiences and needs.

I would choose the route my heart selects. Passion is important to me and believe if you have enough passion and drive about a track, you will be successful. In my book, Heart is greater than Head. I would find it hard following the logical path, when my passion dictates the other path. What about you?

No comments: