Monday, September 22, 2008

Wish comes True

My mother told me a story about her childhood.

Her sister got poison ivy while walking home from school and had to stay home from school for a few days. Seeing this as a great way to avoid school, my mother went to the area she thought her sister received poison ivy. She decided to roll in the "ivy" over and over again. She rubbed the plant into her skin. Days went by with no poison ivy, she tried again. However, she never got poison ivy (so did she not find the "right" poison ivy or just not allergic to poison ivy - I know I am highly allergic, if I get within 10 feet, I get the itch).

Last week, my youngest son was ill and stayed home from school. My oldest was jealous and kept saying that he wanted to be ill and stay home from school. I think he tried to do everything the opposite of what we would say to stay healthy. Well, he got his wish, the only thing is that he got ill during the weekend. Now, he wishes he was not ill. Hey, we all learn a lesson.

In relationship to business and your career, watch what you wish for . . . you might just receive your wish (although not on your timing).

No comments: