Monday, November 17, 2008

planes, trains and automobiles

Well, I have been on vacation. If anyone has seen the movie "planes, trains, and automobiles", you may be able to relate to my trip home (oh, BTW I am not back yet).

Between the rent-a-car GPS being in Japanese, to the Air France strike (which I ended up getting last seat on a train to paris, of course the worst seat on train, by the car door that opened every 5 seconds, and then flight to USA delayed from 9am to 7:30PM (yes, that is almost 12 hour delay, it has set a record for me), of course I did not account for a 12 hour connection time (silly me), so will miss my connection.

But you know what, in my old age, I am okay with this. (Yikes, is this a new me?) In life and business, you are thrown obstacles and challenges, many out of your control. If life and business went perfectly, it would not be any fun. Right? Be patient, enjoy the "extra" time, meet someone new, and remember to appreciate the times that do go well!

I did have a great vacation. Good company, great food, amazing wine, beautiful places!

No comments: