Monday, April 14, 2008

The Last Chapter

Last Monday, I traveled for my "send off" from Mercer. It was my last chapter in my Mercer Book and must say it was one of the best chapters to read . . . thanks for everyone to make it so special. There were many special moments, but the one that hit me the most (yes, I am still emotional!) was that I received good wishes cards from our colleagues in over 30 different countries (along with books, wine (yes, I still like to drink), tons of pictures, paintings, and DVD (yes, I am afraid to play in case of what might be on it). I must point out that Warsaw and Canada had the largest card (Largest that I have ever seen, they were almost as tall as me)! Thanks everyone! You all are so very special!

My closing remarks (i.e., speech) at the get together last week were as follows:

What kind I say when I am leaving so many people I care for and like and a business that I love . . .

When you needed someone to listen to,
I provided my ear,
When you needed words of encouragement,
I tried to provide motivating words and a pat on the back,
When you needed to see the future or how your career path could go,
I provided my eyes so you could see the vision,
When you needed comfort because of illness, death in family, or other issues
I provided my heart and hugs,
When you won whether promotion, new role, or new clients,
I tried to create an environment of celebration including my dancing feet,

I gave all I could to you and the business . . .

but you all gave me each one of these and more . . .

thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your support over these many years, best of luck to you in the future,

Steve Brink, Louisville, KY April 7, 2008

THE END.

Oh, I did write this myself and wrote right before my talk . . . i tried over and over to think of what to say for two weeks and could not express my true feelings . . . hope it came close.

My next book is just getting started . . . if you have liked my previous books, so stay tuned to read about the next one . . . there is so much opportunity to build a business where people do make a difference and through a group can assist people to make a difference in both their work and personal life . . .

No comments: